One woman's mission to win as many prizes as possible...

Friday, January 1, 2010

Roadtest #2: Magazine Reader Letters

My May 2009 winning reader letter to Madison magazine...

Thank you for your article, Breaking the Rules at Every Age. Women are constrained by so many rules these days, not only from men, but perhaps more so by the judgement of other women and ourselves. With the big 3-0 looming, I've been feeling guilty about the report card of my life so far. Not married. Fail. Not owning a house. Fail. Still unsure of what I want to be when I grow up. Fail. This is regardless of whether I actually want any of these things -- I've been told I should want them and have reached these checkpoints by now. The women in the article aren't playing by these rules and I'm inspired to join them. It makes the game of life much more fun!
 
Rebecca Doyle
Para Hills SA
 
 

















Hi Rebecca

CONGRATULATIONS!

I just wanted to write and congratulate you on winning the Readers Letter Prize from our March issue.

Thank you for writing in and sharing with us a small snippet of your life, we here at Madison have published it in our May issue and will be sending out to you a fragrance prize pack to the value of $500.

Can you please let me know your postal address so I can send it out to you as soon as possible.

Congratulations again and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment